A Solo Nevada Law Firm Focused on Serving the Nevada Mining Industry with State and Local Taxation Needs.
Services include audit defense, valuation and pollution control services, valuation appeals, tax assessment appeals, county board of equalization hearings, state board of equalization hearings, regulatory representation, advice and consultation..
In representing clients - including those producing precious metals, energy fuels, geothermal resources, and industrial minerals - I have experience analyzing, researching, and resolving technical tax matters for over 3 decades. I can be found in a hard hat and steel toe shoes inspecting a mining operation one day, and in a suit at a Board of Equalization or Tax Commission hearing the next day. I have found that my clients truly appreciate the time and effort I put into every aspect of their tax matters, as well as the depth of knowledge I bring to the table. I am here to help you succeed and that is something I don't take lightly. I am here to listen to your needs and help you resolve your tax matters in a prompt and professional manner.
Sharon R. Byram, Esq. Owner
With over thirty years of experience with taxation matters particular to the mining industry, and a licensed Nevada attorney since 2006, Sharon primarily focuses on mineral taxation and mine valuation matters.
• Nevada Taxpayers Association, Board of Directors
• Elko County Board of Equalization, Chair
• Elko County Debt Management Commission, Vice Chair
• Nevada Tax Commission, Appointed November 2017
• Nevada Bar Association, Licensed since 2006
• American Bar Association
• Institute for Professionals in Taxation, (CMI - Property Tax 2003-2018)
• Elko Chamber of Commerce
• Elko Rotary Club
• BBA - National University, San Diego, CA
• MBA - University of Nevada, Reno, NV
• JD - University of Nevada, Las Vegas, Boyd School of Law, NV